School Meal Arrangements
Pupils in Early Years and Key Stage 1 (Reception, Year 1 and 2) are currently entitled to a free school meal through the Universal Free School Meals (UFSM) program.
For pupils in Key Stage 2 (Year 3, 4, 5 and 6) the cost of a school lunch is currently £2.30
KS2 should pay for their school meals through the online payment system SchoolMoney.
You will be sent a welcome message and login via text and email once your child is admitted.
Please note our Financial Regulations govern that we cannot offer credit, therefore all dinner monies MUST be paid for in advance. Reminders for arrears will be sent from SchoolMoney on a regular basis
Free School Meals entitlement applications
These details can significantly impact on school funding.
The introduction of Universal Free School Meals for pupils in Key Stage 1 (Reception, Year 1 and 2) means that those families on low incomes who previously claimed Free School Meals for these children will no longer have to do so. However, this means that the school may miss out on vital funding which is directly targeted towards helping those pupils. Any child who has qualified for Free School Meals in the last six years is eligible for this funding which is called Pupil Premium. It currently equates to an extra £1,320 per child per year, even if they discontinue to receive Free School Meals during that time.
Therefore, regardless of whether your child in in KS1 or KS2, if you are in receipt of any of the following please contact the school to apply:
• Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guarantee element of Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
• Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
It is important to note that those parents who are registered for Free School Meals can also be entitled to subsidised activities such as music lessons and residential trips.
If you are eligible and would like to apply, please email the school via email@example.com
We will use the London Grid for Learning (LGfL) site to perform a check using parent/carer NI number, DOB and Name. This will confirm if families are eligible.
Should you have any queries or you would like confidential support with applying, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Dykes our Office Manager on the email address above.